By Frank Moreno, Sr. Director Marketing Latin America, Generac
Two months ago, Hurricane Irma hit the Caribbean Islands and the Florida Keys hard. Millions of people were left without electricity after the storm; some hospitals even had to work with backup generators despite the preparations and efforts by government agencies to prevent power outages.
In the face of natural disasters such as earthquakes and hurricanes, it is important to be ready, not only to safeguard the operations of a business, but also to protect customers and employees from any incidents that may occur.
Unexpected power outages may be disruptive and inconvenient for any business or company. Downtime and lost information, foods that may begin to decompose and the loss of cold or heat, are only some of the consequences they face in the event of a power outage.
If you are the owner of a business or a company, you should consider the massive benefits from having a backup power system. Not only do you save money, in the long-term, you will keep yourself from worrying, becoming frustrated and wasting energy. If you are considering the possibility of purchasing a generator for your company or business, please keep in mind the following:
- Backup Generators Can Act in a Matter of Seconds. Blackouts and power outages can last for several days when the utility company is experiencing problems of some kind. However, with a backup generator, you need only to wait a few seconds before the power is completely restored. It will only be a few seconds before the generator starts feeding your company or business.
- Prevent Food Decomposition and Loss. Corporate canteens, catering businesses or restaurants could suffer major economic losses if the food that needs to be refrigerated is left without protection when the power goes out; this means that, in order to preserve the health of your employees and customers, large quantities of food may have to be thrown out before they were prepared for consumption.
- When the Power Returns, the Transition will be Smooth. Back-up generators help smooth the transition between generator power and the power from the public network. Since the equipment (typically) remains in operation for several minutes after the main source of energy has been restored, some problems are avoided, such as the voltage variations that occur when power comes back. Once the network is stable, and the engine has cooled down a bit, the emergency generator shuts down, and is then ready for any new incident.
- There will be no Interruptions in your Security System. With an emergency generator that goes live in a matter of seconds, you can rest assured that your company or business will remain protected, thus preventing burglary and looting in the event of a blackout or a natural disaster.
- Your Operations will Continue, Even During Long Outages. You can do computer work, presentations, meetings and teleconferences even during long power outages. You and your employees will be able to continue producing, instead of having to wait for the power to return to resume work. With a backup generator, you don't even have to get up from where you are, or to interrupt your activities.
- You and your employees will remain Connected to the World at all Times. Forget about being left in isolation, in the event of power failures and natural disasters your telecommunications will not be affected. The loss of energy can cause great damage in terms of telecommunications. And, when disasters occur, communication can save lives.
- You Never Know When Will you Need Backup Power. The electricity supply may be unexpectedly affected for many reasons: harsh climate, trees that fall on the distribution lines, natural disasters or even rodents that bite the wires. Being realistic, no one can predict exactly when something like this will happen, or how long may it last, but you can take measures to avoid economic losses in your business in the event of these and other incidents.
Generac backup energy generators allow companies and any business to continue operating in the event of any incident, such as blackouts, power supply problems as a result of natural disasters, power substation issues, and others. Companies can carry on without suspending their activities, providing services to their users, preventing the loss of information and income in the event of any unforeseen event, and this gives them an advantage over their competitors. Having the power tools to run their place of operations at all times should be a priority for any entrepreneur or business owner, and a Generac emergency generator is an investment that could paid for itself the first time it is used.Generac manufactures the widest range of energy products on the market, including portable, residential, commercial and industrial generators to protect those things that fuel your life with affordable and quality energy solutions.
Since 1959, Generac has been a leader in the design and manufacture of a wide range of power generation equipment and other motor-driven products. As a leader in light energy equipment for residential, industrial, energy and construction applications, Generac's energy products are available worldwide through a wide network of independent distributors, retailers, wholesalers and equipment rental companies, and they are sold directly for certain customers and end users. http://generac.com/